We've also been busy with the Chesapeake Children's Museum this week. I took the kids there to drop off the labels for the newsletter and we stayed to play for a few hours. This was great bc I bumped into one of my good friends and her daughter there! Then last night we took the whole family with us to a Board Meeting there.
When we both signed up to be Board Members, I was thinking we could share responsibilities and it wouldn't be too hard. Instead, we're both doing stuff and it's a lot put on top of what we already have to do. But we love it so much, we want to be sure that it's still there for other kids too! One day maybe we'll be wealthy enough to just donate money instead of time. Until then, we do what we can.
This photo is the girls in the dress up room at the CCM.
Best Moment Lately: Probably that while we were at work, my MIL was watching the kids and my FIL did some work around our house for us. It is so awesome to come home from work and the kids are happy and well cared for, and the air conditioner is fixed, C.'s bedroom has new cabinets, the chainsaw issue got figured out, and the roof was measured for interpreting the bids from the various roofing companies (I'm coordinating getting our flat roof replaced by professionals!). It's like we coming home to a housewife and a househusband in like the 1950s. Or having little elves, like in the shoemaker story.
Worst Moment Lately: Oh yeah, on top of all this, I was sick the past few days. Headache, sinus issues, stomach ache, and extreme fatigue. You'd never think that while I was mowing the lawn. But if you saw me sweating and shivering at the same time in a puddle of exhaustion afterwards, you might think "She must be sick. Or crazy. Or both." (which is it?)
And also, I was late to my morning meeting on Tuesday. I was feeling so sick that I was sluggish getting out the door and then tried to make up for it by going 49 in a 35 zone. Or so he said. Anyways, he only gave me a warning. God bless the power of using "sir" to a 20-something authority figure!
Thoughts of the day: We went to a social playdate with local mommies today (the kids played too). It was nice to see some old friends and meet some new ones. My dear friend Amber said something that I'm mulling over- "This is J., who's very mellow, and little C. who's a handful" (or something of the kind). And you know what- I think she's right!
J. has always been a bit timid socially and very respectful and able to concentrate pretty well and do quiet independent play. Hence her hour of alone quiet time in her room every day that we instituted when she started protesting nap time.
C. was a much quieter and mellow baby than J. was, and she still has a thing for mommy so I can hold her in my arms for a long time and do other things without her squirming away.
But C. also laughs and shouts "No!" while putting acorns in her mouth. She also throws fits and runs across the room when she doesn't get her way. She's still in the phase of unpacking and unshelving everything (it's a phase, right?) and totally fusses for her mommy when other people are trying to watch her.
I guess right now J. is the mellow one in comparison. Has C. taken on her forever personality? Or is this an exaggerated phase of toddlerhood and she'll mellow eventually? Is this the mark of a second-born child- running to catch up with her older sister and getting attention however she can?
Maybe it could just be as simple as "J. has Jeremiah's personality and C. has Jessica's personality." Oh lord. Good luck to us all!
I don't think you're a handful, but I'd pay good money to watch you stuff acorns in your mouth.
ReplyDelete