on friday i'll get more xrays and hopefully take my cast off. oh, to type with both hands again! until then, it's mostly not worth it to blog bc it takes so long! i'm so sick of being stuck at home bc i can't drive. yes, i've gone to work and to two parties, and my sister's graduation ceremony in the past week. but you know how i am. this is boring!
and jeremiah will be thrilled that i can drive again. he is trying to go door to door when he drops me off at work but on saturday more people showed up than i expected and my kids were being needy. so i had to ask him to skip campaigning to stay and help me. i am so thankful he did. i could not have done it otherwise! he tried to take jillian with him another time but she tired out after one street (who can blame her?) and he had to come home early. he went to another parade by himself this weekend. i think it's good politics that he's there but i can't imagine that it would gain him any votes! instead, he's nearing the end of the community association meeting busy season (it seems that in the spring they all meet to sell dock keys and then take the summer off!). he's been going to door to door ahead of time and then going to their meeting so that when he gets there, people have met him and are friendly to him. i think that's brilliant! makes him look really good to the new people there!

recent events:
- my sister cecylia graduated from college. Hooray!
- my grandmother went back to her own house for awhile. it was great having her down! I didn't do dishes the entire time! one day she'll move in with us but she's waiting until her house is sold out from beneath her first. Now that I'm experiencing a lack of independence, I guess i can understand why she's holding out in a place of her own.
- you know i'm feeling low bc i walked to a salon to get a pedicure. i never get pedicures!
- we went to a LOST series finale party on Sunday night and had a really great time. The party was awesome. Kuddos to Heather Jackson for geeking it out so that we could really relish our last moments with the show. We're still discussing the ending. We're not satisfied with it, but one-handed is not the way to blog about it. Moving on...
- Taught another one-handed yoga class. I'm eager to get my hand back for next week!
- This friday is J's last day of preschool for the year. She goes back there again next year for her final preschool year. we've set up weekly playdates for the whole class (14 kids) throughout the summer since they've bonded so well and the parents like each other so much. That's the bonus of a cooperative school- we are a community.
- I enrolled J. in Fall Soccer, which actually starts in August. It's a super low-key team with her preschool classmates. I really must remember to start kicking the ball around with her this summer so she even has a clue. Jeremiah thought I was crazy to add something else but I think this is a good one. Very low commitment and good timing, plus we're already friends with the entire team!
- I picked a gym and I plan on starting next week once the cast comes off!
- We're harvesting buckets of strawberries each day. This would be the perfect time to figure out how to make jam if I only had two hands!!!!
my girls enjoying time with their great grandmother
No comments:
Post a Comment