Yesterday I had my first full day at work since December. It was great. It's so much fun to be with my colleagues and we got things done so much faster than just through emails! I finished my part of the 4th and final grant application for my spring gardens. Whew! I am so happy that spring is here but spring is always so busy at work that I always am really looking forward to summer instead.
Best Moment of the Day: Sunshine! We went to the swimming pool this morning and the kids were awesome. Then we had a picnic lunch in the rec room at the community center and watched kids in a gymnastics class. The kids were probably aged 5-7 in the class and my girls were enthralled. J. asked if she could take gymnastics when she got older and I said yes. Then she asked how long she had to be 4 (I guess she was in a hurry to be old enough for classes). I snickered bc she has a full year to be 4 still! She was so excited to be 4 and now I guess 5 is where it's at?! But I told her I'd look at it online and she could take it when mommy and daddy could afford classes- that it has nothing to do with age. So that takes the pressure off of her. Jeremiah was on the gymnastics team in high school and still has great gymnastics skills. We'd both be happy to enroll our girls in gymnastics if they want! But we don't like paying for things that we could do ourselves. So we'll see. I really will look it up online though! We went to the playground after that to squeeze in a little more fun before preschool!
Worst Moment of the Day: Our morning started off with J.'s 4 year well visit to the doctor. She's doing great- very healthy and ahead of the learning curve and hitting milestones. She passed her first vision test (to which Jeremiah said "enjoy it while it lasts!" bc our kids are genetically doomed to wear glasses). But then she got 4 vaccines! One in each arm and one in each leg. She was screaming and kicking and squirming and we had to hold her down on the table. I felt awful. It's one of the worst parts of parenthood. I gave her a lollypop and she calmed down soon.
Thoughts of the Day: C. moved out of her crib and into a big girl bed on Sunday morning. We caught her trying to climb out. Actually, Jeremiah literally caught her just before she hit the ground sideways like a rock. So we decided it was time. She likes it but she has no hesitations about hopping out of bed and playing in her room when she should be napping. I think she's really napping right now, which would be her first successful nap in her new bed.
She woke up early this morning and was crying at her bedroom door (she's too tiny to reach her doorknob) at 6am. That woke up the whole house so we've all been up since then. And then this weekend is daylight savings time so I think we're all going to be out of whack with sleep for awhile.
I'm so nervous about William's shots. He told me he was going to hide from the doctor when he had to get his booster for the H1N1. I might have to get some advice from you about the best hold while getting 4 (yikes!) shots.
ReplyDelete