Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Middle of Snow Week

We've made it over the hump of Snowmageddon!  Assuming of course, that the next snow, predicted for next Monday, doesn't happen.  That would prolong all this bc everyone's biggest issue is that there's nowhere else to put the snow!

Jeremiah went in to his office (a whole 2 miles from our house) for a few hours Mon and Tues. Today it snowed all day long so he didn't even bother. He's been doing some work from home, as have I.  It's cool bc we're both getting caught up, what with the rest of the world on hold!

I've only been out of the house to feed the chickens. This snow is just too much for our kids. They don't like going out in it right now. Maybe tomorrow we could try to sled in our driveway. It's a good thing that he parked his car down at the end by the street! 

We've been doing a lot of cooking and baking, painting and 
Valentines cards making, dancing and dress up parading,  reading books and movie watching.  We had an awesome dress up/ tea party today. All four of us. It was really sweet!

We're settling into a great routine and I'm a lot more settled with our situation now.  I do not like the feeling of being stuck!

Best Moment of the Day: cuddling with two sleepy girls, all warm and smelling sweet from their baths. 

Worst Moment of the Day: Watching our trees and bushes bend and break from the weight of the snow and ice. We care for each of the plants in our yard so much and it's so sad to watch them get hurt!  I know that sounds crazy, but we've put so much effort into planting and growing everything out there.

Thoughts of the Day: We're getting lots of communication about whether or not we're going to postpone the fundraiser this Saturday night.  As of now we're going to go ahead with the plan and whoever can get there will get there. It will not be what was envisioned back in October as a result, but it will be what it will be and let's just leave it at that.  I'm hoping that my friends who are supposed to come will still come. Strangers and politicos are still invited of course, but I'm hoping it will be a fun time even if it's not a dynamo fundraiser.  I'd say "more food for me" but there's the slightly too small dress issue that I still have to contend with.  More like, "more room on the dance floor!"  

1 comment:

  1. we also made a strawberry-blueberry pie today in honor of Elizabeth's Birthday! Happy Birthday Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete