Wednesday, February 24, 2010

End of Session One

Today was my last class of Session the First at Pasadena Yoga.  It was great and I'm actually sad that I won't have that same group of kids ever again.  How do school teachers handle losing a class of kids every year?  (I know, as usual, that I am a teacher in the best possible sense and I don't have any of the drawbacks that school teachers suffer.   It was rhetorical.)  

I'm in a hard place with "my business" right now because I've invested ahead of time in supplies and advertising, as well as standard overhead.  I've spent more than I've made for sure, not even fully counting the training!  But I will barely have any expenses for the next session because of my stockpiling. The sticky part is, that means that I have to have another session. Which would be awesome but I don't think the rest of the world knows that!  My enrollment for every session is below my minimum, but I would still run 2 out of 4 classes with the few families that have enrolled just so that I can keep the fire alive in hopes that things pick up next time.  Sigh, but passable anyhow if I don't spend any more money on anything.  Fingers crossed that my advertising investment at the Annual Annapolis Wee Cycle Consignment Sale pays off!  

An uncomfortable note is that I have one person signed up for my baby class and both parents have been emailing me for over a month about it and they're so excited!  But they're the only ones that have signed up.  The other babies have older siblings and so those families are all in the Little Families class.  I don't want to cancel on this sweet couple but I can't do a class just for them!  Awkward!

Best Moment of the Day: the kids were happy to cuddle and read books several long times today. We usually hit the books before bed for a while, and then it's just sprinkled here and there throughout the day.  But today they were both tired and Jillian has a head cold, so we were all happy to just chill. It was great. 

Worst Moment of the Day: nah, it was a pretty good day all in all.

Thoughts of the Day: Jeremiah's off to do some political strategizing at the local Democrats club with its members and at least one other Dem that he's running against.  I'm glad they're starting to pull together bc Jeremiah's been pushing for that since he started. He also went to the legislative assembly twice this week with local business groups.  So he was schmoozing with his Republican opponents!  He's been so busy this week that I'm kind of hoping that the snow keeps us both home tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment