New Years was a ball this year, playing games and having good ole' college style fun with a few family and a few friends, and of course my darling Jeremiah. I'm still appreciating having time with him again! It took us all weekend to recover from the spent energy and weird sleep patterns.
First thing in the morning on New Years Day, I broke my New Years Resolution.
Dang.
I made a one-task car ride to a fast food place and bought things that we didn't really need. My justification is that it was to get bagels, cream cheese, donuts, and coffee for us and our friends. Um, that's my whole defense. That, and, so sue me.
Then later that day I broke my New Years Resolution again by going on a long drive, but this one really is justified. We made the hour trip for a family sleep over with the Jauquets, exchanging presents and letting the kids run wild together. We had a nice restful time hanging out.
Heather has her own blog and she reposted a list of New Years Resolution ideas, complete with links. This list gave me a good start to focusing my own plan of attack.
First up, tomorrow I'm going to do some "cooking from scratch." I'm going to try making oatmeal for breakfast. NOT from the little packages. And then I plan to make a batch of homemade granola bars and make a batch of homemade yogurt. The test won't be about taste, but about whether or not I can get myself to repeat all this again. How many times do you have to repeat something before it becomes a part of your lifestyle? Forever?
No comments:
Post a Comment