Jeremiah's still doing the evening meeting circuit and lunch dates to get advice from others. We've also got two different teams, each planning a big fundraiser for him in the new year. That's very exciting!
His law office and the adjoining law office had a Holiday party last Friday that included a spotlight on Jeremiah's campaign. As always, the relationships affirmed through the invitations were as important as the actual number of attendees!
Mostly we figure people are very caught up with the holidays coming and we're giving a free pass until January. Come January we have to jump into campaigning and fundraising with gusto, so that's a bit daunting. I hope we're both feeling well by then so that we have enough energy to do it!
Best Moment of the Day: My friend Deb gave me a coupon at Toys R Us and I paired that with an old gift card that I found. Most of the kids' presents thus far were second-hand, found at consignment stores, bought online, or found at yard sales and stored until now. But hearing about the coupon got me thinking and next thing I knew I was at the store getting some stuff that I knew the kids would love. So it looks like Christmas morning will be so special that it will be too special and I expect it'll take weeks to calm them down again.
Worst Moment of the Day: I'm sick. Sick Sick Sick. But at least the kids aren't sick yet. And they played nicely together all day so that I wasn't overexerted. But still, sick sick sick.
Thoughts of the Day: We decorated the tree last night and today the kids kept hugging it and touching the ornaments and taking pictures of it. We have lights that play holiday music if you hit a button so we listened to that all day. They just wanted to hang out around the tree. They even helped me wrap presents for other people just so we could have some wrapped presents under the tree! It was a very merry day.
No comments:
Post a Comment